Saturday, June 23, 2012

Slow....Ahead...

It sounds weird when I say it, but I'm feeling recharged this morning after a nice 8 mile run.  I was pretty tired after mile 7, but I made it home with my pinky toe rubbing hard against the bottom of my shoe.  Ouch!  Yes, only 8 miles from a girl who is used to running 10+ miles on the weekend.  Such is life.

I had been feeling so tired and worn out all week.  Today, unlike most weekends, we don't have anything planned.  Nothing's on the calendar and that's ok with me today.  I feel like I've been rushing around here and there all week long and today, I just want/need to take a breather.  That doesn't mean I just want to sit around and do nothing.  It simply means I would like to not be watching the clock every single minute thinking about what I'm going to be doing or what I have to do.  I'm going to enjoy the day with each minute that passes and just be in the moment.  I don't know what came over me during my run.  Perhaps something cathartic happened.  I don't know.  I just know I was to just be present in the moment.  I absolutely know that I have tons to do.  Things I need to organize, laundry I need to do, but it'll be there for me to do when I'm ready.  I have no plan today.  I'm going to enjoy being with my hubby and daughter.  Oh, except for my Herbal Organics one hour bee facial this evening, I'm looking forward to that.  I may even fall asleep since I woke up at the butt crack of dawn.

Enjoy your moments this weekend!  Life is short!


No comments:

Post a Comment