Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The kitchen has been my friend

Last week and this week have been all about eating at home.  For one, we are trying to save some money and two, just trying to be healthy.  So I'm not even sure I would call myself a good cook.  Hubby tells me otherwise...I just never really thought I could cook very well.  Most people think it's easier to cook for 2 or more people.  For me, it was easiest for me to just cook for myself.  I'm simple.  Give me some veggies and a little protein, I don't even have to have rice or carbs and I'm ok.  Now with three to our family and each of us with our own unique set of taste buds, sometimes I find feeding this family can be a bit challenging.  I feel like I've been doing ok for the last two weeks though.  

Tonight I just spent the last four hours in the kitchen cooking dinner for the fam bam tonight and then starting right back up again to cook dinner for tomorrow night.  Then of course there is the cleaning up part from the aftermath.  With 5lbs of ribs in the slow cooker, we decided to ask the in laws and nephews over to come help us with the meal tomorrow.  I'm trying out this recipe from Nom Nom Paleo.  


I hope they turn out ok.  There have been times where I've tried what seems to be an easy recipe, but still managed to botch it up somehow.  

Now that I've had a chance to sit down and kind of decompress, I'm really feeling the tiredness set in.  I need to get more than the 5 hours of sleep I got last night.

I'm going to get in a few minutes of P90x's shoulders and arms and then I'm calling it a night.




No comments:

Post a Comment