Thursday, December 15, 2011

My week so far

Once a month, I get the dreadful feeling of not wanting to workout.  I ALWAYS want to workout!  It's a battle between body and mind on how to get each other to cooperate during that time of the month.  I am just tired this week in general because I did not have a "rest day" last week.  Aside from how I'm feeling, I'm eating like junk this week.  Ok, maybe not THAT bad, but in comparison to my normal days, it's junk!

Yoga was on my P90X schedule today.  I ended up not wanting to do any working out at all.  Mentally, I just wasn't into it.  It's hard to allow myself to take a break here and there, but I guess it really is needed.

I've been debating whether or not I should buy the next P90X2 workout.  I know, I know, I haven't even finished my 90 days of my P90X workout yet.  Ok, maybe I will wait.  One thing at a time.  

What do the rest of my workout week look like?  I'm debating between the Legs and back workout or kenpo tomorrow and then Saturday I need to put in some miles.  I have the Nike+ Womens' Half marathon coming up in January and the Napa Marathon in March.  Since the Nike Womens' Half marathon back in October, I haven't been running nearly as much as I had been.  I couldn't figure out why I mentally had lost my love of running for a few months, but I got back into loving it probably by the end of November.  The longest run I've had since then has only been 10 miles.  So I'm feeling ok about running a half marathon soon, but in order for me to feel ready for the Marathon in March, I need to start increasing my mileage.

On another note...I've been consumed with a DIY project all day today.  Since my daughter woke up this morning until she napped and woke up from her nap, all I did was work on a play kitchen that I am making for her.  I have been working on building her this play kitchen from all cardboard I've collected and things around the house.  I spent the morning cutting cardboard, reinforcing joints and brainstorming on what's next.  Before lunch I dragged my daughter to Michael's to pick up some more glue, paint, fasteners and a glue gun.  After a hard day's labor of love,  here's what I ended up with:







 


It's amazing what a little paint can do!  I'm almost there.  We need handles for the doors, one more shelf put in and then any final touches.  I've been trying to hide it form her until maybe Christmas, but I have a feeling that might end up being a difficult task.  Right now, it's titter tottering on a pile of clothes in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment