Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jumping right in

I've been itching to start a blog for quite some time now.  I'm not actually sure why it has taken me so long to actually do so.  Perhaps part of the procrastination was due to fear.  Fear of not knowing what the heck I was doing, fear of not knowing what I would write about, fear of the commitment...who knows?!?!

Anyway, today marks the fourth month of joblessness for me.  Don't get me wrong though, that's not to say that I am not busy.  With a to do list out-the-door and a very active two year old running around at home, I am not sitting by the door twiddling my thumbs.  I started my job search back in October and have had some leads here and there, but today I received my first "I'll pass" rejection notification from the first company I met with.  It's probably for the best anyway and at least I'm getting interviewing experience (trying to look at the bright side of things).  I never really had much experience with interviewing in the past.  I would say that the jobs I had before were acquired more so because of the people that I knew and their recommendations of me.  Thank God for them huh?

This bit of news today almost feels like it was the catalyst that thrust me into actually starting my blog finally.  What the heck?  What do I have to lose?  If I don't try, I will never know right?

So, I'll have at it...Stay tuned!  I'm off to P90X.  Plyometrics is calling my name today.

No comments:

Post a Comment