Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday rush around

It's been a busy week with Christmas being only 3 days away!  It's also almost time to bid adieu to 2011. 

My daughter and I have been having fun starting some new family holiday traditions.  Things like making our own decorations, to baking cookies and listening to some Christmas favorites.  My daughter's favorite Christmas songs this year are "O Santa" from Mariah Carey, "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" and of course, "Jingle Bells".  

Christmas seems to be very different for her this year than it was last year.  She definitely can comprehend more about what is going on and seems to be so excited about Christmas and all it has to offer.  Of course, I'm trying my best to make sure she knows Christmas is not just simply about the presents, decorations, Christmas music and Santa Claus though, but more about the birth of Jesus Christ.  It's definitely a challenge to find some sort of balance in the world today, but I just keep trying.  I want her to have presents, but not expect them or take it for granted.  I also want her to be able to just enjoy the simple things in life instead of having to be hyperstimulated by all the chaos this world has to offer to kids nowadays.  Sigh...it's definitely a challenge, but it's a challenge that I signed up to take on!  

We are having my parents and my brother over on Christmas Eve and I've been running around the house like a madwoman trying to clean, organize and declutter all the while trying to keep the little one out of trouble.  I still have tons of stuff I need to get rid of somehow, whether it be donating, tossing or selling.  The list of things to do just never seems to end!  I shutter to think of what our house is going to look like when I go back to work full time (God willing).  It's a lot of work keeping up the house, taking care of the little one and trying to do things that I need/want to do on my own.      







Between all this running around I've been trying not to be too busy as to miss a workout.  It's during these hectic times that I value my workouts even more.  Alongside my P90x workouts this week, I've had the chance to head on out for a run twice this week.  My (running) training has been anything but consistent lately.  So far I've only logged about 7.5 miles this week, so I'm hoping to put in at least 8+ miles on Saturday morning.  I'm trying to fight the fatigue that I've been feeling for the second week now.  My mind has been trying to push my body to do more, but my body just does not seem to want to cooperate this week.  Maybe it's because it's just that time of the month or so it's supposed to be, or I'm deathly afraid of the cold, or I just want to stay in my warm bed.  It's just been so cold lately!   



To fend off the cold, tonight I'm loving my thick flannel shirt from J Crew.  I also bought a matching one for my daughter.  Who cares if it's from the boys' department.  (Shhh!!!)  We can rock em'!  I just love plaid!  Now I'm thinking I need to get a pair of plaid running shorts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment