Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Do you do resolutions?

Hello 2012!

Resolutions...I would almost say they are a bit taboo to me.  It's almost as if when you make them, you know you're going to break them.  There are definitely a handful of things that I'd like to do differently in the coming year, but I don't think I will classify them under "resolutions".  I think I will make them my goals instead and make sure I keep myself accountable somehow.  Perhaps blogging about it will keep myself accountable.  We shall see.

What would I like to do differently this year?  Well, I never like to say that I am on a diet and I don't think this will be a diet, but I would like to eat less sugar, prepare salads for myself more often instead of eating whatever is in sight because I'm in a time crunch, slow down and enjoy each moment, try to be more patient and I guess get a new job would fall under a goal as well.  I know that with each of these goals there has to be a plan that accompanies each to help me get to where I want to go.

Tomorrow or maybe the day after tomorrow I will "clean up the kitchen".  The sugary things are either going into hiding or going in the trash.  When my daughter was younger and just starting on solid foods, I was so good about buying fresh veggies and fruits and making her food fresh just about everyday.  Nowadays, I think I feel so crunched on time that I just try to prepare whatever I can.  I definitely think I still try to keep it as healthy as possible though as I still buy organic and try to make sure she gets her fair share of fruits and veggies in.  Now that the holidays are over, I think the "treats" need to not be such frequent visitors.  Thanks to hubby, I also downloaded and started using this one app on my iPhone called "Lose It!".  I'm not so much trying to lose a ton of weight, but it's been good to jot down daily what I ate and how I worked out and have it all in one place.

How do I be more patient?  That can be a challenging one.  Ever since I was a little girl, I can say that I've never been very good at being patient.  Not until about my 20 somethings can I say I began to try to be a bit more patient.  When I met my husband, I think he taught me to be more patient as well.  Then, when my daughter came into our lives, I think that truly taught me to be even more patient.  Nowadays, as my ever so active two year never stops until she falls asleep, sometimes it is very hard to keep a cool head and my patience in check.  She's starting to test her limits and test me.  Those are definitely the times that I really need to keep my cool.  I think I need to slow down and instead of getting mad right away, when I realize that feeling is coming on, I need to walk away and take a breather and then come back with a cooler head to deal with whatever the situation may be.  I think another thing I need to try to do is get more sleep and try to get my workouts done in the morning so that I'm not so crunched for time and I can already check my "me time" off my to do list for the day.  Perhaps that will make me feel more accomplished mentally and be ready for the rest of the mental challenges that I'll face the rest of the day.

I've tried to be very patient the last few weeks, waiting on one company to get back to me about a job.  Alas, today I heard back from them and I guess it's back to square one for me.  I'm pretty bummed because it really would've been great to go to work for this place.  I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps right now, but that's what I do.  I dwell for a little while and then I'll pick myself back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment